• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Review for AR Armorer’s services at TruPrep

I don't doubt your abilities. I believe you are probably the best armourer on here. You just give me crap all the time so I have to give it back. I know how to repair and build but just don't know all the correct terminology. Your are right by calling me out just to make it clear to the masses. However, I am not very fond of it.

It doesn’t

Milspec does not mean what you imply that it means.

Milspec does not mean it was meant by the lowest bidder. It means that the items/parts meet a specific and stringent criteria. The company that gets the contract is usually the one that meets, or exceeds all those specs, AND was the lowest bidder.......but not always.

If the only criteria for milspec was "lowest bidder", the US military would be using Hi-Point handguns, and Del-Ton AR's.

In all my years in the Corps, with the last year spent out at Stone Bay Ranges, I never saw a BCG fail. I see failure and problem BCG's weekly in the civilian world. That's the difference between milspec and not.

It was posted as a joke... I see that it failed to engage the typical cynical military sense of humor with you.
Maybe after 30 years of activity duty and reserve service, I'm a little more jaded...

I will agree that, I've seen literally hundreds of malfunctions on military equipment, I've never seen a M16 BCG component have a catastrophic failure. ( I did see a M4 turned into bolt action rifle, when the dummy managed to get the Qtip stuck in the gas key, as he cleaned it between the zero and qualification range. ) Does that count?

I don't doubt your abilities. I believe you are probably the best armourer on here. You just give me crap all the time so I have to give it back. I know how to repair and build but just don't know all the correct terminology. Your are right by calling me out just to make it clear to the masses. However, I am not very fond of it.
The crap you are given is well deserved.

It was posted as a joke... I see that it failed to engage the typical cynical military sense of humor with you.
Maybe after 30 years of activity duty and reserve service, I'm a little more jaded...

I will agree that, I've seen literally hundreds of malfunctions on military equipment, I've never seen a M16 BCG component have a catastrophic failure. ( I did see a M4 turned into bolt action rifle, when the dummy managed to get the Qtip stuck in the gas key, as he cleaned it between the zero and qualification range. ) Does that count?

Oh, I've seen a lot of military equipment fail, but rarely the M16 system, and then it's usually ammo/magazines/user error.

I use the same assembly techniques and tools for the general purpose AR's that I build as I do the "precision" or Sniper-intended ones.

I had a .338 Lapua AR that I assembled. I ran it out to 2500yds successfully, using factory Lapua ammunition. I used the same assembly techniques, and attention to detail, that I use in every AR I build.

I've built AR's that were intended for precision use in 5.56, 6.5 Grendel, .308, 6.5CM, and .260 Remington. All were well under 1MOA guns, and had no issues ringing steel out to 1,000yds with the right ammo and shooter. Several of them were run out to distances in excess of 1,000yds. Again, I used the exact same assembly techniques for those AR's that I use in all AR's.
An AR in 338 Lapua!. Now that's just damn interesting. How much does something like that cost?

I hear that the shop dog is the real brains behind the counter. Ha!

I'll give you credit, Shep, you know your stuff, can't deny that.

Bedside manner, yeah, that needs work. ha!

See you next time I foul something up, which is probably soon.

Wrench on, brother!

Back
Top Bottom