• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Review of Kershaw Launch 3 and Deano's knives website

strongtactics

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Governor
255   0
Reaction score
Fellas,
I wanted to pass on a quick review of the Kershaw Launch 3 knife and, even more than that, the quick service and good pricing I got on this knife from Deano's knives.

Ok, so for the knife stuff first....
Brief description of this knife:
Kershaw's most recent automatic knife offering, the Launch Series, is simply superb. These knives have a compelling design, fast action, high-performance materials, and they're made in the USA!

Each of the three Launch models features a stylish and unique integral backspacer pattern where the two pieces of aluminum connect, and the USA flag is laser-engraved on the back side of the handle. The reversible tip-up carry pocket clip accommodates right and left-hand carry.

This Launch 3 has a black DLC coated CPM-S35VN steel blade with a slight upper bevel. The OD green anodized aluminum handle has a black finished pocket clip, hardware, and bulls-eye ring pattern firing button.

This knife is light, but not flimsy. It opens very quickly and smoothly, as you would expect. There is no safety, but the button is recessed just enough to make sure that you are actually trying to open it in order for it to swing out.

I always have liked Kershaw products, I feel that they are good value for the money for an EDC knife. I have carried a Kershaw Blur since 2006, and still love it. 10 years of regular use on a knife that cost me $60 is pretty good to me. I am hoping to get similar results on this model.

DSC_1689.JPG

And a quick picture:
DSC_1688.JPG

But even more than that, I wanted to say that dealing with Deano's Knives may have been the best part of this experience. I ordered this knife online Friday, March 18th, at about 11:00PM. I received a notice that it had shipped the next day, Saturday, March 19th. I thought, "wow, that's some fast service from an online store on a weekend."
The knife was in my mailbox on Monday, March 21st!

To add to that, the prices for this knife online hovered between $105-125 and some cost extra to ship. This was $99, shipped to my door (and at light speed, as stated above).

To say that I was impressed was an understatement. I am GLAD that I stumbled onto Deano's Knives when I was looking for this particular one and will definitely check on their prices when I shop for knives in the future.

Here is their website:
http://www.deanosknives.com/

Back
Top Bottom