• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolver guys please help!!!

I bought an old S&W a several years ago that was refinished and I did not know. But the seller did.

Have fun shooting and playing with the gun. But you got completely ****ed. Just as I did. Who knows what kind of a disaster is under that re-finish. I had a 18-2 refinished, more a matte black. Its value dropped significantly. But its fun to shoot.

I bought an old S&W a several years ago that was refinished and I did not know. But the seller did.

Have fun shooting and playing with the gun. But you got completely ****ed. Just as I did. Who knows what kind of a disaster is under that re-finish. I had a 18-2 refinished, more a matte black. Its value dropped significantly. But its fun to shoot.
thats what im afraid of but if it is messed up under the new finish I would think that the surface of the finish wouldnt be very smooth and this one is super smooth no ripples or anything like that..... could have just been a really professional job though

Definitely check the serial number. By any chance have you take in the grips of that
I did and the finish is the same under the grips and throughout the frame. There is a marking under the grips that say PPD and a number I dont remember off the top of my head. It looks like something someone enscribed it but I dont know what that means. When I get off work in the morning I will take the grips off to upload a picture

Back
Top Bottom