• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Revolvers

Ask the point man of a SWAT team as they are about to kick in a perps door, what he has at the tip of the spear!

ballistic-shield-1.png

A ballistic shield?

From a Police magazine....

The Perfect SWAT Revolver

The worst thing that can happen to any law enforcement officer is to have your pistol jam when you need to use it to protect life and property. As the story goes, a police SWAT team reportedly contacted Smith & Wesson to discuss the need to arm the lead penetrator who carries the ballistic shield during tactical operations with a revolver instead of a semi-automatic pistol. The rationale behind this request was to provide a handgun to certain SWAT personnel that would not jam or malfunction, especially if the firearm made contact with the ballistic shield or any other obstruction when it was fired. In response, the Smith & Wesson Performance Center developed the Model 327 Tactical Rail Revolver in .357 Magnum with an eight-shot capacity.

Ask the point man of a SWAT team as they are about to kick in a perps door, what he has at the tip of the spear!

Different tools for different jobs. I am not about to kick open a perps door. I carry a J frame. My MIL, who is 92 has a J frame because she cannot rack the slide of any semi auto pistol. I don't believe there is one gun or style of gun that fits everyone. But, those who disagree will shout and holler and ....well....you have seen it before.

The revolver sales are good to very good. Obsolete, no.

From a Police magazine....

The Perfect SWAT Revolver

The worst thing that can happen to any law enforcement officer is to have your pistol jam when you need to use it to protect life and property. As the story goes, a police SWAT team reportedly contacted Smith & Wesson to discuss the need to arm the lead penetrator who carries the ballistic shield during tactical operations with a revolver instead of a semi-automatic pistol. The rationale behind this request was to provide a handgun to certain SWAT personnel that would not jam or malfunction, especially if the firearm made contact with the ballistic shield or any other obstruction when it was fired. In response, the Smith & Wesson Performance Center developed the Model 327 Tactical Rail Revolver in .357 Magnum with an eight-shot capacity.

When was that article written?

Back
Top Bottom