• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RFI: Cellular Trailcams

G'day y'all,

While in town I am spending a good bit of time trying to round up some poachers on a friends 150+ acre parcel of land in Paulding Co. While I have been spending some blocks of time hunkered down in the woods with the "appropriate gear" (a cell phone), the owner/employer insists on buying this kind of cam to have near the horse stables/home. Have 3 regular cams out already with 8 tripwires w/.22cal blanks along the trails I have found near ingress/egress points BUT looking for one worth investing someone elses $$ in.

Any gouge appreciated.
Have you notified the local Game Warden? They usually are more than happy to provide the help and they do this for a living. I also recommend that you do not hunt these knuckleheads alone. You never know what kind of (human) animal they are.

DNR has been notified (and local LE). Without delving to much into my own life I am comfortable being proactive or simply calling 911.
Documentation is my first goal and making it clear that no matter what kind of human they are; they know they are being actively pursued by someone that might know a bit more about field-craft than they do. I am simply behind the the tech curve when it comes to these kind of trailcams.
Appreciate the post
Cheers

Property is well posted with No Trespassing signs, correct?
I would rely on the cameras and try to place them where I could get a license plate number.
Let the police or game warden confront them.

Be careful. A good defense lawyer could get you charged with entrapment.
If they aren't doing anything to attract people to the property there is no way it can be entrapment. Entrapment is enticing someone to commit a crime they wouldn't have otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom