• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ribeye recipe needed

I've done these several times. Salt and pepper the steaks and then rub with olive oil. Sear in a cast iron skillet for a couple of minutes on each side. I finish in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. I roast heads of garlic and mix with butter and usually have that in the fridge. I drop a spoon of that on the steaks and let them rest for about 15 minutes.

B3E46045-8D1C-4D15-83C5-AF084CF21264.jpeg

Toss them in a ziplock bag full of non sweet yogurt for a day...

Rinse the yogurt off the steak good and let sit on a plate for about an hour before grilling.

Set grill temp to high heat

Sear both sides at approx 4 min to get good grill marks.

While steak is on grill, take an entire bunch of garlic and cut in 1/2 along with a bundle of rosemary. Put a cast iron skillet on the stove at med heat and melt butter in pan, add the garlic and rosemary in the pan together and drizzle some olive oil on it.

Take steak off grill and place on top of the garlic/rosemary and put in the oven at 450 for about 8-10’min...

Remove steak and let rest for 10-15 min.

Add more olive oil to pan with the garlic, rosemary and smoosh together with a little salt and pepper. After they caramelize, strain the veggies/juice on top of the steak....

Never salt/pepper/season your steak until it’s been cooked. The seasonings pull the moisture out of the meat.

BBQ smoking is fine because most of those meats are very high in fat (pork), grilling beef is a lot leaner in most cases.

Toss them in a ziplock bag full of non sweet yogurt for a day...

Rinse the yogurt off the steak good and let sit on a plate for about an hour before grilling.

Set grill temp to high heat

Sear both sides at approx 4 min to get good grill marks.

While steak is on grill, take an entire bunch of garlic and cut in 1/2 along with a bundle of rosemary. Put a cast iron skillet on the stove at med heat and melt butter in pan, add the garlic and rosemary in the pan together and drizzle some olive oil on it.

Take steak off grill and place on top of the garlic/rosemary and put in the oven at 450 for about 8-10’min...

Remove steak and let rest for 10-15 min.

Add more olive oil to pan with the garlic, rosemary and smoosh together with a little salt and pepper. After they caramelize, strain the veggies/juice on top of the steak....

Never salt/pepper/season your steak until it’s been cooked. The seasonings pull the moisture out of the meat.

BBQ smoking is fine because most of those meats are very high in fat (pork), grilling beef is a lot leaner in most cases.

That sounds pretty good!

Back
Top Bottom