• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ribeye recipe needed

it is a great looking rig. Have heard good stuff about Oklahoma Joe's. invest in a meat thermometer.

Thanks! I'm really liking it so far.

I actually have a meat thermometer...I just usually use the press test but this time I went too long before I checked it again. The voices in my head were telling me, "Use the thermometer!" :doh:

I have a whole bone-in ribeye hanging in the dry age locker at Winn Dixie in Jacksonville. I'll pick it up Thursday afternoon. It'll have been in there 36 days, should be just about right (in the frig) by Chrimuff.

I have a whole bone-in ribeye hanging in the dry age locker at Winn Dixie in Jacksonville. I'll pick it up Thursday afternoon. It'll have been in there 36 days, should be just about right (in the frig) by Chrimuff.

That is going to be some good stuff right there! Hope you have some good company and another bottle of Dom to go with it! :very_drunk:

I just did this today. I'm an old widower and cooking for one is a challenge. I used a 2.5 lb bone in rib steak (T-Bone Porterhouse..) Let it sit for about an hour at room temp. Spritz with olive oil, & I do Bourbon. Heavy sea salt and ground black pepper, onion or garlic powder. While you're prepping crank the oven up to 550 degree F. Place the steak on a shallow pan bone side standing up if you can. Toss in the oven 5 minutes per pound. 2.5 X 5 that would be rounded to 13 minutes. At 13 minutes turn off the oven. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR FOR 2 HOURS. NO PEEKING!! after 2 hours check for about 145 degrees. Wrap in aluminum foil and a towel for 20 minutes. Mine came out medium rare just as I like it. Sides of your choice....

I just did this today. I'm an old widower and cooking for one is a challenge. I used a 2.5 lb bone in rib steak (T-Bone Porterhouse..) Let it sit for about an hour at room temp. Spritz with olive oil, & I do Bourbon. Heavy sea salt and ground black pepper, onion or garlic powder. While you're prepping crank the oven up to 550 degree F. Place the steak on a shallow pan bone side standing up if you can. Toss in the oven 5 minutes per pound. 2.5 X 5 that would be rounded to 13 minutes. At 13 minutes turn off the oven. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR FOR 2 HOURS. NO PEEKING!! after 2 hours check for about 145 degrees. Wrap in aluminum foil and a towel for 20 minutes. Mine came out medium rare just as I like it. Sides of your choice....

That sounds good! This one was about 2.25lbs. I've done the sear/oven method before but not the way you did yours. Have to give that one a try!

Back
Top Bottom