• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riddle me this...

Didn't you know, Glocks were created so people could buy them new for $500, stipple the grip, call it a "custom" Glock, then sell it on the ODT for $750!

:behindsofa:

I don't think a Glock is worth $500 new. To me, they are a $400 gun, always will be.

I see this the same as the mossberg shotguns. Someone buys a $200 shotgun, puts $200 worth of accessories on it, label it "home defense", "tactical" or the like and then think it is worth $400. You still have a $200 gun. See the same with cars, folks take a $800 car, put $4000 worth of rims on it and they still have a $800 car IHMO.

Rosewood

I have a G22 that I got for $300. If I am involved in a self
defense shooting I won't cry when the police take the weapon. Bet you will cry when your Kimber, CZ or other high dollar gun gets confiscated in a self-defense shooting.

Actually if I am involved in a self defense shooting I will be so happy that I'm alive I won't give a crap what happens to whatever gun was used.

Actually if I am involved in a self defense shooting I will be so happy that I'm alive I won't give a crap what happens to whatever gun was used.
Good point, let's see, my life vs a $900 gun?? I will opt for my life. When you look at it from that point, the most reliable, accurate weapon you can shoot should be the one to use regardless of the cost.

Now....if you are looking it from the standpoint of a throw down weapon, that is a different story....maybe that was the thinking?

Good point, let's see, my life vs a $900 gun?? I will opt for my life. When you look at it from that point, the most reliable, accurate weapon you can shoot should be the one to use regardless of the cost.

Now....if you are looking it from the standpoint of a throw down weapon, that is a different story....maybe that was the thinking?

As it is I actually do carry the most reliable easy to shoot weapon regardless of cost.

1492612599646221981848.jpg

I don't think a Glock is worth $500 new. To me, they are a $400 gun, always will be.

I see this the same as the mossberg shotguns. Someone buys a $200 shotgun, puts $200 worth of accessories on it, label it "home defense", "tactical" or the like and then think it is worth $400. You still have a $200 gun. See the same with cars, folks take a $800 car, put $4000 worth of rims on it and they still have a $800 car IHMO.

Rosewood
Yeah and, to me, gas is still worth 25 cents a gallon. Always will be. Too bad times change. Nothing is more reliable than Glock. Otherwise all you whiney bitches wouldn't keep comparing your crunch-n-tinkers to Glocks.

Back
Top Bottom