• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riding the safety?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Have just started shooting 1911's recently and just heard of this. Is there any benifit to it? will I see gains in accuracy/control? Longtime glock shooter but new to 1911's just wondering the pro's and con's of this method. Also are there any .45 acp ammo brand's known to be very accurate at a reasonable price? Just picked up a Kimber and going to do some extensive shooting monday and just wondered what you guys recommend that is know to be typically accurate.
Thanks guys,
Caleb

I always ride the safety on my 1911's. My reasons are control and that having you thumb under the safety can cause you to engage the safety inadvertently when shooting.

when i shoot 1911, i ride the safety as well, due to my EXTREMELY high grip. i also tend to grind extra metal out from under the beavertail and the trigger guard to aid in gripping the gun higher. i do this to keep the axis of the bore lower in my hand, and reduce muzzle flip. all my 1911's have always had extremely low muzzle flip due to this.

when i shoot 1911, i ride the safety as well, due to my EXTREMELY high grip. i also tend to grind extra metal out from under the beavertail and the trigger guard to aid in gripping the gun higher. i do this to keep the axis of the bore lower in my hand, and reduce muzzle flip. all my 1911's have always had extremely low muzzle flip due to this.

You need one of these! (Fires out of the bottom cylinder)

1.bp.blogspot.com__abaJ0xbRju4_SxPCnJL_McI_AAAAAAAACGY_2oEtosvKruk_s400_Rhino6pollici_1.jpg

there's a white rhino at Bullseye. It's very light.

I've shot PMC out a 1911 and it hit where it was suppossed to as far as I could see the bull...

I also ride the safety for the same reasons already given. When you are looking at defense ammo take a look at the Pow-R-Ball. It has very good terminal ballistics while maintaining the original ball profile. It's completely reliable in the 1911 platform.

Back
Top Bottom