• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rifle - Individual to FFL?

I have to warn about the Thermold mags. I have had two of them crack at the base of the feed lips. If the feed lip breaks off you have a jammed rifle and maybe 20 rounds of 5.56/.223 ammo flying everywhere that you have to dig through the leaves to find. I had not dropped the magazines btw. They just broke for no apparent reason. You might keep a few around for bench practice but I'd recommend not using them when it really matters. Give them away to your enemies or people you just don't care about. The Thermold mags will work... until they fail... And they will probably fail... based on my experience...

I have to warn about the Thermold mags. I have had two of them crack at the base of the feed lips. If the feed lip breaks off you have a jammed rifle and maybe 20 rounds of 5.56/.223 ammo flying everywhere that you have to dig through the leaves to find. I had not dropped the magazines btw. They just broke for no apparent reason. You might keep a few around for bench practice but I'd recommend not using them when it really matters. Give them away to your enemies or people you just don't care about. The Thermold mags will work... until they fail... And they will probably fail... based on my experience...

I was sceptical myself, but figured I'd take a gamble for $20.00. I had no issues through my day at the range, but I will keep my eye out for failures. When did yours start falling apart (round count)?

Mine started falling apart after 40 to 60 rounds. Different batches from different stores. Not all of them fell apart and they might last for years but I'll not use them except for bench shooting. Other than that, they are trash.

Good Lord why would you join the Marines? Oh glad your toy is more fun then the trouble you were put through... Good luck young man and thank you for your service....

So help me, if one more person tells me to join the Air Force instead... Haha.

Thank you for the kind words! Hopefully I can find a place with a more expansive (300-500 yards, maybe?) to shoot her at.

Back
Top Bottom