• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rift Among Navy SEALs Over Members Who Cash In on Brand

I am not calling out any Seals/Delta/Recon on here but I would have to imagine they sign a non disclosure agreement and its good for x amount of years....I would guess after that all bets are off.

Delta guys be like:

gagthat.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_02_Sealiest_thing.png

I cant fault ex military for using their past classification ( to a point) for work outside the military, but some take it too far.
As long as they are not divulging secrets or providing intel or techniques then I guess its alright.

Rock: The US is going to achieve most of its military and diplomacy objectives through use of special forces.

:usa:

Hard Place: No one should be talking about "special forces."

Met a lady in the UK recently, friend of my brother, who had done a guided tour of Bletchley Park the WWll spy/code breaking place (read Enigma). As the guide explained how the model of the Enigma machine worked, by moving cogs, she spoke up and told him he was doing it wrong and corrected him. Her husband was embarrassed and said not to talk about things about which she knew nothing. She responded that she used to work there during the war and worked on the Enigma machine. Her husband was stunned and said you never told me in many decades of marriage and what's more he used to work there too, but they had never met. That's keeping your mouth shut.

This should really have been expected and forseen. The SEAL community in just the past two decades has exploded. What started out as just two teams and about 64 sailors has now turned into four teams (five if you count DEVGRU) and almost 2500 sailors. What was a small, tightly knit group has become a rather large group...not unlike what has happened here on the ODT over the past few years. All of these issues become more pronounced as a group becomes larger and less homogeneous.

I remember reading Richard Marcinko stories when I was in high school and it seemed like people were pretty pissed at him.

Another issue may be that for every actual SEAL or Delta guy out there telling SEAL/Delta stories there are 10 or 200 pretend clowns telling pretend clown SEAL/ Delta stories? There are at least 1 billion internet SEALs, many of which operate on this very website.

Back
Top Bottom