• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rislone engine treatment

Yeah I know. The concentrate stuff is 16.9oz, so that’s half a quart. I’m just wanting to know if that will overfill it? Would a half quart hurt anything? I’m green when it comes to this crap. She’s leaving for the beach tomorrow so I think I’ll wait to do it.
Pull the oil filter and drain the contents. Reinstall filter and add product.

I had a ticking lifter and tried MMO. After a bit, changed the oil and tried Lucas oil stabilizer. The Lucas took one week, and the tick never came back, thst was four years ago .

If it is a gm or it says "dexos" use dexos.
(I looked back and saw the Jeep)
I would double check and make sure you are using the recommended oil.

I didn't believe it would matter that much until it did.

I had a ticking lifter and tried MMO. After a bit, changed the oil and tried Lucas oil stabilizer. The Lucas took one week, and the tick never came back, thst was four years ago .
I'm going to try it out. Do you add any at every oil change?

The below is quoted from the Jeep Forums

http://jeepgarage.org/f107/2012-gc-laredo-v6-engine-tick-40219.html

This is a big issue in the 12' JK forums here and on jeepforum.com. I would try searching through some of those threads. I have an 11' and I have had a faint clicking/tapping noise since day one. I've got 22k and have never had a light come on and its never gotten worse. Supposedly the issue has been narrowed down to certain build dates and it has something to do with the valves/heads and usually throws a cylinder 4 misfire code and the CEL comes on. But again, I'd check in some of the JK forums, seems they have the worst of it. Also try searching youtube for "2012 wrangler engine noise" - if yours sounds like that you might have an issue. Some of them are sounding really loud - like a sewing machine. Mine isn't like that at all, it's barely noticeable.
Personally, i'm not worried. The minimal "tick" I have sounds no different than the lifter tap I had in every GM v8 I ever had. I think there is a fine line between a small isolated incident that seems to be under control for the most part, and the internet forums making it sound like every v6 w/ any little noise is about to blow up!

No offense but being a newer model id be very careful of what you pour in it. If you're not opposed to diy I'd make the swap to a good synthetic and see how it runs. Who knows if they put the right amount, weight ect ect.

yeah you're not supposed to mess with viscosity on anything with vvt

I did some treatments on my pilot and it clogged up a filter ive never heard of and sent the vehicle into limp mode while driving, popped out all kind of hard codes like 10 or so. Which was recorded onto the computer and gave me problems when i tried to trade it in.

Back
Top Bottom