• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

River Bend Precision Rifle Match - Dawsonville, GA

Gentleman4561

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
102   0
Reaction score
We are starting a sniper/long range match at River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville, GA. RBGC is about an hour north of Atlanta.

First match will be 9/25.
Cost will be $30, with the hope to drop to $20 in the next year or so once costs are recuperated.

To compete in the match you will need a bolt action or semi-automatic rifle capable of shooting accurately out to 600 yards, known elevation adjustments (DOPE) out to 600 yards, and a bipod. Round count will probably be in the 50 range, with a more precise number released a week or two before the match.

Shooting will be from a variety of positions including but not limited to tank traps, barrels, cattle gates, barricades, prone etc.

We will plan to shoot 6 stages on the Silhouette range, with a max of 30 shooters split into three squads of 10. If you have any questions, please let me know.

All of this info should soon be published on https://www.rbgc.org along with a copy of the rules, and for RBGC members you should see an announcement in the club Bullet-In next week.

If I can answer any questions, just let me know.

Thanks, Luke

palmettomoon palmettomoon we would be happy to have you as a member.
And I'd be right there, volunteering and trying to make it an even better club. I've always enjoyed the matches I've attended and the folks up there are great! Super helpful to new shooters and that's important to me.

Back
Top Bottom