• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

River Bend Precision Rifle Match - Dawsonville, GA

We are starting a sniper/long range match at River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville, GA. RBGC is about an hour north of Atlanta.

First match will be 9/25.
Cost will be $30, with the hope to drop to $20 in the next year or so once costs are recuperated.

To compete in the match you will need a bolt action or semi-automatic rifle capable of shooting accurately out to 600 yards, known elevation adjustments (DOPE) out to 600 yards, and a bipod. Round count will probably be in the 50 range, with a more precise number released a week or two before the match.

Shooting will be from a variety of positions including but not limited to tank traps, barrels, cattle gates, barricades, prone etc.

We will plan to shoot 6 stages on the Silhouette range, with a max of 30 shooters split into three squads of 10. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Registration will go live 9/1 at 6PM EST: https://practiscore.com/09-25-2022-river-bend-sniper-match-clone/register

All of this info should soon be published on https://www.rbgc.org along with a copy of the rules, and for RBGC members you should see an announcement in the club Bullet-In next week.

If I can answer any questions, just let me know.

Thanks, Luke
Can't make it this time but let us know about the next one. I want to bring my 13.7" up and shoot the match. Were you at Riverbend a couple weeks ago when two guys were getting dope for their Run and Gun match? If so, sorry I didn't recognize you even after all that conversation....you bought all my Dead Air suppressors!

Just read the stage descriptions. Very cool. Would be much more difficult than just a LR stage in a RnG. I am going to have to try this one next time.

The only thing stopping me from trying is getting the (DOPE) out to 600 yards. Would this be a good course for beginner want to be precision shooter?
Having confirmed dope is the best option but honestly this match is only out to 530 yards so all you really need is good zero and verified velocity. Plug all your info into a ballistics calculator and you’ll be good to go. It’s definitely a good match to start out on since the range is limited and the round count is fairly low. Also no prizes so no stress. Everyone is super helpful for new shooters. Helped a lot of guys out yesterday with just trying different bags and tweaking their positions to help them be more stable.

Heh. Oh no. I thought "I'd love to shoot that!", then started looking at what I have that I could shoot.

Me: "1. Probably too far for the 300blks"
Me: "2. This M1A is a scout squad. Barrel's a bit short"
Me: "3. These WW2 battle rifles don't have scopes"
Me: "*sigh* - I guess I need that ruger precision I've been lusting after, with some good glass"

looks at bank balance .... *sigh*

Having confirmed dope is the best option but honestly this match is only out to 530 yards so all you really need is good zero and verified velocity. Plug all your info into a ballistics calculator and you’ll be good to go. It’s definitely a good match to start out on since the range is limited and the round count is fairly low. Also no prizes so no stress. Everyone is super helpful for new shooters. Helped a lot of guys out yesterday with just trying different bags and tweaking their positions to help them be more stable.
CBeck, Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try the month

Back
Top Bottom