• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend Gun Club 5k run and gun

I mean this question in a legit way, not being a smart azz.

What's your plan for the 600 yard shot/shots with a 7.62x39?

I say that because, sometimes, just taking a few shots and moving on is the best time strategy.
If it was me, a 75 round drum and prayers. I don't know if I'll make that 600 yards shot myself honestly...

I mean this question in a legit way, not being a smart azz.

What's your plan for the 600 yard shot/shots with a 7.62x39?

I say that because, sometimes, just taking a few shots and moving on is the best time strategy.

I have tons of trigger time behind my 3 gun AK at various distances. Plus I am willing to take a pot shot. Each stage is limited to 3 min so I figure with irons I should do ok not sure if I can hit it or not but I want challenge myself and my rifle. So it will just be fun and I hope to hear out some AR guys with optics lol.

I have tons of trigger time behind my 3 gun AK at various distances. Plus I am willing to take a pot shot. Each stage is limited to 3 min so I figure with irons I should do ok not sure if I can hit it or not but I want challenge myself and my rifle. So it will just be fun and I hope to hear out some AR guys with optics lol.

My concern would be blowing 3 minutes on the stage or spending too much time trying and still get a failure to engage for not even getting on paper.

I guess there would be someone there to vouch that I at least engaged the target. If so, I think I would toss a few rounds at it without even breaking stride to the next stage.

That was kinda my thought as well. If I'm running and gunning with an optic zeroed at 100 yards, my holdover at 600 would put my rounds into the next county.
A scope with BDC would help, but even the PA 1-6x for 7.62x39 (that I'm selling btw, NIB) only goes to 450 yards IIRC.

My concern would be blowing 3 minutes on the stage or spending too much time trying and still get a failure to engage for not even getting on paper.

I guess there would be someone there to vouch that I at least engaged the target. If so, I think I would toss a few rounds at it without even breaking stride to the next stage.
Always under the watch of an RO plus there will be guys in the pits calling hits on paper and only one shot needs to make it at 600

Always under the watch of an RO plus there will be guys in the pits calling hits on paper and only one shot needs to make it at 600

I guess I would put my dot dead on the top of the target, try and see if I could catch where the round impacts the ground and then use that as a holdover. Give it maybe five or six rounds and split.

Back
Top Bottom