• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend Gun Club 5k run and gun

I've done one (1) entire RunNGun before, Kentucky HeartBreak10k and it was the most fun I've ever had with gunz in my life. It ended up being more like a 13k, in rough back country, in 17F weather, with legit obstacles and very challenging and diverse stages.

As I understand, this is GA's first RNG event. Keep in mind this is '90% asphalt (club road with vehicles in motion:( ) 10% likely muddy'. But its low roundcount and short distance so should be a great way for people to figure out how much of their range gear doesn't work for shoot N scoot scenarios!

A few pieces of advice my from my AAR:
1. Slightly thicker socks for running slightly encumbered
2. Be able to sling your rifle tight under your arm for the running aspect. Keep all your gear tight enough but such that breathing is not an issue, tight center of gravity for load bearing stability and minimizing chaffing
3. Carry ~2x min round count ( or more depending on your ability!)
4. Be able to shoot comfortably from any position
5. Bring a stopwatch to track your wait times
6. Cotton is a bad idea in general for fitness endeavors, the more synthetic/wicking type stuff you can sport the better, do NOT wear denim!

Looking forward to meeting some of you out there!
GOPR0648.JPG

I've done one (1) entire RunNGun before, Kentucky HeartBreak10k and it was the most fun I've ever had with gunz in my life. It ended up being more like a 13k, in rough back country, in 17F weather, with legit obstacles and very challenging and diverse stages.

As I understand, this is GA's first RNG event. Keep in mind this is '90% asphalt (club road with vehicles in motion:( ) 10% likely muddy'. But its low roundcount and short distance so should be a great way for people to figure out how much of their range gear doesn't work for shoot N scoot scenarios!

A few pieces of advice my from my AAR:
1. Slightly thicker socks for running slightly encumbered
2. Be able to sling your rifle tight under your arm for the running aspect. Keep all your gear tight enough but such that breathing is not an issue, tight center of gravity for load bearing stability and minimizing chaffing
3. Carry ~2x min round count ( or more depending on your ability!)
4. Be able to shoot comfortably from any position
5. Bring a stopwatch to track your wait times
6. Cotton is a bad idea in general for fitness endeavors, the more synthetic/wicking type stuff you can sport the better, do NOT wear denim!

Looking forward to meeting some of you out there!
View attachment 1571027
Good advice, weather looks like 40s-50s, should be good fun and a reality check for many of us (myself included).

Back
Top Bottom