• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RK Show Atlanta Expo

I went for a few hours, walked around, went back to a few tables a couple times and just couldn't make myself buy anything. I did go back to a table, looked at a used ruger 22 pistol, liked it but wanted to check out the rest of the show. Decided I would go back and grab the 22. Guy had repriced it $50 more. I looked at the tag and then the guy and he just gave me that smug look, yep, I raised the price.

Said to myself, "F Him, he lost a sale completely." Yes I know, his stuff and he can price it how he wants, but I can also walk on by with my money in my wallet.

Overall, not a bad show. This one actually had some deals going. The last few I've been to, with cash burning a hole in my pocket, could never find something i really wanted.

They had some old school Bushmaster XM15-E2s police trades in for sale for $525, came down to $475 but I ended up walking away empty handed today. Guy had a nazi marked kar98k for 750 came down to 650, but i was apprehensive and someone else ended up buying it. Kinda regret that but oh well, maybe ill go tomorrow.

Lots of junk.

Gutters and insulation?
Was it ass warmers or massage? They had it at two tables.
I don't know where this is going.

Even in the "good old days" of gun shows, there were beef jerky salesmen, jewelry/trinket stands, time share hawkers, etc.

Plus, what's "junk" to you, others may dig. Obviously there's a market for it, or the people wouldn't shell out the money to be there (table space ain't cheap).

One of the better RK Expo shows I've been to in the past year or so. Good buying crowd, probably the best crowd since Trump won. Selling crowd is still off compared to the peak of the Hillary scare of 2016, but still pretty solid.

There's a new vendor at the show, a young couple down all the way from Michigan selling steel targets in the back right corner. Very nice folks, and their targets are top notch.

I picked up a few things, saw several solid deals, and of course saw the usual sellers that are crazy expensive.

I enjoyed this show way more than I thought I would.

These were exactly my thoughts too. Very good show, overall. I'm glad I went.

Back
Top Bottom