• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RMR/DELTAPOINT should probably be on your self defense pistol

Have one on my sig Rx. Took me a lot of rounds to get use to it. After many years in law enforcement and always trained to find the front sight quickly. I have to mentally tell myself to forget about the sight. I discovered from a low ready, raise the gun I had to adjust to find it. If I bring the weapon up and then punch out I can see the dot immediately. Practice, practice, practice. This is the future. Just like Glock took over the law enforcement market, agencies are stating to allow red dots on service weapons. You know how it is, good or bad, the general public will start following the same thing the military and police use. Probably within three years most weapons will come from the manufacturers milled for one if it takes that long

I've got a Vortex Razor 3moa that I haven't mounted yet. Seems it has a different screw set up than even my Vortex Viper 6moa (I really like it except it has to be turned on).

I've got a Vortex Razor 3moa that I haven't mounted yet. Seems it has a different screw set up than even my Vortex Viper 6moa (I really like it except it has to be turned on).
The razor wasn't really designed for pistol slide mounting.

Most commonly used on carbines or frame mounted optic platforms.

The viper and venom share a footprint and mounting holes

I began shooting regularly about 3 years ago. There were very few people shooting red dots on pistols except for open class shooters. Today about 1/4 of the shooters use red dots. When most people start shooting red dots, they are slower than with traditional sights. After a lot of dry fire and live fire, most people shoot much better with red dots. That equates to 50 hours or more of practice. I am confident in suggesting that if you are not willing to spend 50 hours or more learning to acquire the red dot quickly, you are better off with a good set of iron sights. I See people on the range freezing and tilting the gun up and down and side to side searching for the dot. This could get you killed in a self defense situation. I am committed to staying with traditional sights until my near sight goes away so my judgement could be prejudiced.

I edc a g19 with an rmr and have carried it for about three years. It was a no brainer for me after I began to lose focus on the front sight at about 47yrs old.
Yes, it takes lots of practice to make it natural. Not just live fire but lots of draw and dry fire to build muscle memory. I just cannot imagine going back. Absolutely no hiccups with mine and I would say a small improvement in accuracy as well. I doubt seriously you will have any regrets! Aaron Cowan with Sage has some great videos on YouTube and VERY hard use tests on just about all the legit models out there.

Back
Top Bottom