• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RMR Glock mount

ShooterG

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
I couldn't resist the cabelas RMR sale but now I need a way to get it on my Glock. I'm not ready to invest the milling cost - just want a temp solution to see if this is the right setup for me. Any opinions on the Dueck defense or the Suarez L mount so I can have some irons vs the plain trijicon RM44 mount?

If I end up liking the setup I will 100% have the slide milled - so this is temporary but I'd still like it to be a good setup in case it goes on a second gun.

The mounts you mentioned (and to some extent the Glock MOS plates) will place the dot very high, and you will not like it. So it's not a fair comparison to a true milled slide.

As for milling, CNC Holsters is milling slides at very similar cost to the mounts you mentioned.

Give the handgun MRDS a solid try with practice involving focusing on the target. You will be impressed.

With a little patience, you can find deals. I just got two slides milled for less than $50 each. I recommend www.boogeymancustoms.com. The fit is perfect! Milling was way less expensive than any of the mounts out there. I like the height of my milled slide better than my MOS.

Was this a flat mill with tapped holes, or did it also include the studs/posts?

With a little patience, you can find deals. I just got two slides milled for less than $50 each. I recommend www.boogeymancustoms.com. The fit is perfect! Milling was way less expensive than any of the mounts out there. I like the height of my milled slide better than my MOS.
Once I'm committed I'll have it milled- just wish there was a way to run a trial. I guess I'll jump in all the way and if I don't like it I'll sell it for ODT pricing and buy a new one!

You won't regret it, and if you did, you could easily sell the gun or trade slides. I had a gen4 MOS and regret getting rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom