• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Road name changed

How about this name change? In Illinois of all states, lol. I was born near there but been living in the south for the past 30 years so I don't claim them anymore.

That actually kinda makes sense...

If you're going to name something after somebody, might as well use their name.

It's a road name, not history, they change all the time.

There's tons of Confederate named stuff in the south because after the war, the living here wanted to honor their efforts, and that was fine. But the living here now get to choose the names of roads and buildings. It has no effect on me whatsoever.

And to those who feel a deep connection to their historical confederate ancestors just know that your connection can not possibly be stronger to your confederate roots than a black man's connection to his slave roots.

So if to the ones who think we need to get the **** over slavery (I completely agree), but it goes both ways, we can get the **** over the confederacy and all their lame participation trophies all over the state.
In the new non- white world, we get to name roads for people like Cynthia McKinney, a racist, prejudiced, bigoted, shrill anti-Semite. That makes perfect sense in creating harmony among the races.

In the new non- white world, we get to name roads for people like Cynthia McKinney, a racist, prejudiced, bigoted, shrill anti-Semite. That makes perfect sense in creating harmony among the races.

She part of history right :lol:

Gotta name something after her too unless hIsToRy mIgHt rEpeAt itSelF.

That logic works both ways.

I have no problem with the road name that I live on it will stayed the same and everybody can find me.
6754C088-9B16-460D-8904-D8D09A1FD20D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom