• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Roadie.com delivery service. .......

deller

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
114   0
Reaction score
So. I had a new laptop delivered today by some company out of Atlanta called Roadie. ( Best Buy is apparently using them)

The guy pulls up in what appears to be his personal vehicle gets out, and sets the package at the start of the sidewalk leading up to my house . Then he takes a picture of the package and starts to leave. I've come out on the porch at this point and I tell him I would like the package brought to the porch/house.
Apparently that pissed him off because he said " I'll have to get my mask" in a tone that made it clear he didn’t want to. After getting his mask he brings the package further down the sidewalk but sits it down about 25 feet from the porch and turns to leave. The package falls over at that point. So I tell him that's a damm laptop in that box. He has the balls to turn around and tell me, I didn't know it was going to fall over and don't you cuss me.
Now, my ass is old. 2020 has been a bitch and it doesn't take much to piss me off! But, I took the high road.
While he's standing there glaring I reach back open my front door and grab my Great Pyr's collar as he bolts out the door. The dog has clearly recognized that the man standing halfway down the sidewalk is not welcome.
I, in my best Clint Eastwood voice said " If your ass isn't in your car and headed out of my driveway in about 5 seconds this big white dog is going to have a piece of it". Now. If he could move that quick while making a delivery. He might just have a bright future.

I have of course left a negative review and I'll call Best Buy Corporate on Monday.

UPS is doing that crap now. No more bring it to the house, just leave it in the driveway 1/4 mile from the house.

Amazon left a package in front of my mailbox on the street once. We don't have sidewalks in my neighborhood so the package was sitting in the gutters between the main road and my driveway.

The customer service actually asked me if I wanted to leave a negative review for the driver. She acted very surprised when I said yes. This was last year when COVID wasn't even a thing yet

Hey folks - just to let everyone know - if you don't order your stuff for Christmas online in the next few days it won't be delivered until after Christmas.

The whole supply chain is stressed past the breaking point. EVERYONE is ordering online now and the SUPPLY CHAIN isn't prepared for the influx of orders.

So you order something. The supplier may or may not have a box to put it in if they have it in stock.

Once it is put in a box it may or may not have a truck to put it in.

Once it is put in a truck that truck may or may not have a driver to deliver it.

And that driver is under so much pressure to deliver more and more boxes it may not get to where you want it to get on your property.

I'm not saying it's right and I'm not saying it's proper but I'm saying it is the way it is. We are victims of our own expectations.

The supply chain is NO WHERE READY for the influx of online orders.

Enjoy and order early.

yep. was in the garage and heard some rap crap **** in the driveway. went in an looked out the side window to see a person delivering a pkg while she dances her happy ass in the driveway. hit the garage door opener. Lilly belle is on a 12 foot lead and scoots under the door. Saw a little car hauling ass down the driveway and the radio was off.

yep. was in the garage and heard some rap crap **** in the driveway. went in an looked out the side window to see a person delivering a pkg while she dances her happy ass in the driveway. hit the garage door opener. Lilly belle is on a 12 foot lead and scoots under the door. Saw a little car hauling ass down the driveway and the radio was off.
:pound:

Back
Top Bottom