• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Robbers set up meeting with online seller, but lucky armed victim shoots robber instead

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
So this guy in Gurnee, IL, tried to sell his iPhone X through an online selling app. He supposedly arranged to meet a woman who wanted to buy it. But when the seller arrived at the arranged location, 2 kids showed up instead and tried to rob him.

One of the suspects said “this is my phone now” and added “I’ll take your phone and your wallet.” The victim said the second suspect jumped into the backseat and put a gun to his head, so he pushed the second suspect’s arm with the gun away from him and against the headrest, while the first suspect in the passenger seat also pulled out a gun.

The victim said he just tried to keep them from pointing at him (attempting to controlling the weapon). He put the car in drive and floored it, and the guy in the back either jumped or fell out. The victim then stopped the car, and the robber in the front passenger seat jumped out and started trying to escape too. That's when the victim shot at him 3 times from the hip. One bullet grazed the robber's head, and another bullet went into his leg which stopped him from running away. None of his injuries were life threatening.

Wow. I don't know about you ... I carry every day, but I have not trained for how to deal with two attackers who are both armed, when one of them is behind me with a gun already pointed at my head before I've had a chance to draw my weapon.

This could have turned out much worse for the victim. Number 1 he could have easily been shot himself, and number 2 he shot at a running suspect who was no longer a threat, from the way I read it. He is ultimately responsible for where those 3 bullets went.

What would you have done?? Honestly I think I would have just given him the phone & wallet. Discuss.

Full story: https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...ceal-carry-thwarts-robbery-st-0112-story.html

I think the fact that it was kids that were the aggressors probably contributed to the bumfuggling of the situation to start. (Being all facts are true in the story)
So maybe the victim had the upper hand to start with by being a non bumbbling idjit .... and didnt let his ass get handed to him?

My brother and I used to play a game. We never named it but at any given time he would say “stick up” and I would have to simulate sd including drawing my finger gun. Always be prepared. I had a buddy who would put his windows down in bad neighborhoods so he didn’t have to replace one on top of legal fees if it were to go down.

I would not let 2 strangers get in my vehicle with me, nor would I get in theirs.

^The first answer is the one that makes the most sense.

Hypothetically, though, I would have fought back. No other option at that point...And it worked. An immediate, deliberate, and violent reaction is the last thing most predators expect. When it happens it greatly increases the chances of survival for the intended victim. I didn't make this up. It is straight from Col Jeff Cooper's principles of personal defense.

^The first answer is the one that makes the most sense.

Hypothetically, though, I would have fought back. No other option at that point...And it worked. An immediate, deliberate, and violent reaction is the last thing most predators expect. When it happens it greatly increases the chances of survival for the intended victim. I didn't make this up. It is straight from Col Jeff Cooper's principles of personal defense.

Folks that say violence doesn’t solve problems have never used violence to solve a problem. The proper application of violence almost always works.

Back
Top Bottom