• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rock Auto vs AutoZone

I have read they are one of the worst sites for counterfeit parts...especially spark plugs.

That is a great point.

Normally I get my plugs at the auto parts store, however I usually try to stack the 25% off and some advance auto cash and see if they price match as well.

I have purchased plugs on eBay though as long its a long running seller, so far no issues.

+1 for RA, if you can wait a few days.

Bought a speed sensor last week, was at my door in 3-4 days. $10 shipping on a $10 part, but beats the $50 **** quality option from AZ.

Brick and mortar are nice if you’re in a pinch.

It's always great if you can save money. I do prefer to buy parts that are at least close to OEM so that you don't have to modify the part or the car to make it work.

Another reasoned I like amazon is the PRIME shipping and 5% Back on the card.

When do I have to get a part from the auto parts store, usually they have "to order it" it seems 60% of the time anyway. And the price is close to double.

if they don't change their business model I"m afraid we are going to see less and less stores.

A few years ago I tried to used rock auto. Their site seemed hard to get around. Maybe it’s gotten better now
I dont think their site has changed much at all in almost 10 years. Call it another way to keep prices low? I dont know but once you get used to it, its not so bad. I average 30 mins to an hour on the site when I have a big order like this. But Im also comparing prices on Amazon and other vendors at the same time.

Since Im laid up at home with a blown back (again) I figured it was time for a one on one pricing competition. Ive heard guys whine about Rocks shipping before. While FedEx does suck big ones, you cant expect deeply discounted parts to arrive free. Me and my cousin are in the process of a roadkill revival with his 87 F150. So I filled the cart at both websites with as close to the same quality part as possible. Rocks total for 33 parts shipped to my door was $527 and AZ was $1101. And if you played around with the site some more, you might even get it cheaper by swapping items from warehouses. If the local parts houses had quality parts like they used to 30 years ago, this would be a completely different game. But thats not the case. Two things that are definitely not in RA favor. Warranty replacement and core returns. Other than that, they have served me well…
AutoZone ships to store free.

Back
Top Bottom