• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rockcastle 10k zombie run for your life run N gun

Congrats Travis! 14th is quite an accomplishment.

35th for me. Stage 3 crushed my shooting score and thus my overall. Run was good, I know some ways I can improve on that. I.e. hustle up at the stages and don’t waste time there. Probably could have shaved 5 mins per stage off the run right there. I tend to take my time setting up at the stage, shooting, and chatting with the ROs a bit.

35th for me. Stage 3 crushed my shooting score and thus my overall. Run was good, I know some ways I can improve on that. I.e. hustle up at the stages and don’t waste time there. Probably could have shaved 5 mins per stage off the run right there. I tend to take my time setting up at the stage, shooting, and chatting with the ROs a bit.

I concur, well done.

What is next?

Yeah stage three would have been hard if we knew where all the steel was

15th place for me. Crushed the run (7th overall), ran my carbine like a champ (for me at least), but really struggled on the pistol yesterday. Oh and stage 1...yeah, I apparently had ZERO idea how to load and charge an AK-47, which is embarrassing...but I do now. I will put together a full run-down later on this week when I have a moment. Couple of notes. The RO's were awesome, the course was awesome and I thought I was in crazy shape...this thing brutalized me. Drove home 4 hours right after and got out at chick-fil-a in my hometown and could barely walk inside. Resting HR last night was through the roof. I gave it all I had, and had a blast. Good spending time with bulletpaluza bulletpaluza and P ponyboy96 as well.

So how did everyone do?

I some how squeaked out 14th

Nice on the 14th! Pretty good. I ended up at 8th. I slaughtered the long range stage though. My windage knob had been rolled on the way there. Couldn’t hit a thing. Timed out. Did pretty good on the rest of the shooting, and made up for my shooting on the runs.

My favorite stage was probably eight. I also did well on three, hit all of the targets and got the key to bypass the wall. But wasted a little time looking for more targets. I lost my count and did not know how many I had hit.

My fiasco at the long range stage, cost me ammo. I thought I might not have enough ammo to finish stage eight. Was picking through my mags and loading every last round on the way to eight. Had just enough rounds to finish eight clean.

Haven’t looked at the individual stage results yet. I felt like I clean stage eight pretty fast. Want to see how I did there.

Nice on the 14th! Pretty good. I ended up at 8th. I slaughtered the long range stage though. My windage knob had been rolled on the way there. Couldn’t hit a thing. Timed out. Did pretty good on the rest of the shooting, and made up for my shooting on the runs.

Holy **** 8th is awesome!
My only complaint for the whole event was they had the 90 year old dude trying to call hits on the long range I saw lead splatter at least 4 times on the furthest out yellow and he never called it a hit until I started bitching telling him I was connecting finally called my hit then I went to 500 and didnt even get the target in my reticle before time was called. Did you get anything from the table?
Yes, I was down 10 on that stage and daylight was fading at that point (though I didn’t think I missed 10, not going to argue with the RO). That’s 300secs added to my total shooting time. Crushed me.

Yeah that freaking blows man but hell while it would be bad ass to place we really are only competing against yourself.

Back
Top Bottom