• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rockcastle 10k zombie run for your life run N gun

Yes. Bigly. I don't have routine access to anything that allows me to simulate any part of this, other than weighted vest burpees followed by dryfiring at painter's tape in my basement.

I'll start working on my end to line up a place unless you guys have some ideas. Unless something comes up quick, probably looking into late winter/early spring 2020 before the new season gets rolling.

I spent some time this evening working on notes for an outline.. some topics I was thinking might be relevant...this would be focused on maximizing success at a RnG:
- Rifle/Pistol - setup, zeroing, point blank range/minor ballistics stuff
- Gear/Ammo Setup/Management
- Hydration and nutrition considerations
- Clothing/Shoes discussion
- How to practice - dry fire/live fire
- Stage and match planning: setting up for success
- Shooting stuff - accuracy and/vs speed stuff, target transitions, obstacles, SH/WH and more
- Shooting with elevated HR/when tired

I am thinking 150-200ish per pistol and rifle between trying stuff via class and then some small scenarios/stages to help put it together for the last part of the day.

Cost is TBD on range fees and target requirements.

Thoughts on the above? I can start a new thread if you guys want for discussion.

Would this be opened folks who have never done anything like this before?

It would certainly be, although some familiarity with operating an AR and pistol of choice would be requested to allow the topics to be covered without having to get deep into AR/pistol basics.

I'll start working on my end to line up a place unless you guys have some ideas. Unless something comes up quick, probably looking into late winter/early spring 2020 before the new season gets rolling.

I spent some time this evening working on notes for an outline.. some topics I was thinking might be relevant...this would be focused on maximizing success at a RnG:
- Shooting stuff - accuracy and/vs speed stuff, target transitions, obstacles, SH/WH and more

I am thinking 150-200ish per pistol and rifle between trying stuff via class and then some small scenarios/stages to help put it together for the last part of the day.

Thoughts on the above? I can start a new thread if you guys want for discussion.

Yeah new thread and tag us / or link it for us.

Class topics to be discussed sound about right to me.

- Clothing/Shoes discussio
n

Those right there I feel I have pretty much dialed in, and I would be lying if I said it wasn't because I thoroughly absorbed your blog entry on last years RBGC match and pretty much copied and pasted it for my first match there this year with a few mods of my own. I think I started out ahead of the curve on the prep work because of your report I just found by googling on the internet.

Feel good here as well. Have yet to DNF a stage and am making all my shots...just much slower than I need to be.

This is where I feel like I could pick up a ton from someone who is experienced in comps. I just didn't play the "game" well enough at Rockcastle. I shot it like RBGC, and RBGC was much more geared toward accuracy with the A zone requirements. While I can pinpoint some places to adjust, I am sure your expertise on these four points would help me significantly. I feel like I transition in and out of my optics well, I could just definitely use some speed both in the shooting and the transitions.

Back
Top Bottom