• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rocky Prohunter Berber Collection

trx125

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
19   0
Reaction score
Has anyone used any of the pieces from this collection? It seems to be a newer collection from Rocky just released this summer. I ordered the coat and pants so far, just received the coat, the coat is light enough to wear all day unhindered, yet to be warm enough for the sub-freezing weather. I didn't want to spend the money for Sitka and the such, so far I like the fit and feel, the durability and longevity is yet to be determined. Just curious if anyone else had used this collection yet.

41N3Z8YH1tL._AC_.jpg
41cdkISUszL._AC_.jpg
41doPfTOoRL._AC_.jpg
HW00237RVC_LARGE.jpg

Well, I finally tested this out. 39 outside, sleet, rain and very high wind. I was pleasantly comfortable with the prohunter and a thin fleece base layer, merino wool socks and thin long sleeve shirt on. The only time I would get cool, not cold was when the wind was blowing so hard the the tower stand felt like it was going to fly away. Tomorrow, will be a good test it will be in the high 20's and moderate wind. I will be adding another thin layer of fleece and a slightly heavier shirt. Will update this thread after a couple more test with final thoughts.

Sitka and First Lite gear for me. I know it’s expensive and probably considered “booogeee” for most here, but I’m a buy once cry once buyer.... I’ve tried all the other gear and it just doesn’t last IMO... again to each his own. For what it’s worth... I’m a BIG fan of First Lite

I'm usually the same buy once, cry once. But being able to put together a whole set on comfortable camo for about the same price of one Sitka coat is what turned me on to this. This is a new release for Rocky and I have always had great success with Rocky gear in the past, so I figured what the hell, I'll try it out. So far I love it, durability is still a question to be answered and will come with time.

I'm usually the same buy once, cry once. But being able to put together a whole set on comfortable camo for about the same price of one Sitka coat is what turned me on to this. This is a new release for Rocky and I have always had great success with Rocky gear in the past, so I figured what the hell, I'll try it out. So far I love it, durability is still a question to be answered and will come with time.
I hear ya and understand. To be honest, it’s all expensive AF.... something about that camo pattern just drives the cost through the roof. lol

Back
Top Bottom