• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rogue Tesla mechanic

You could be right. But I just don't like Elon Musk. He strikes me as a world class conman.

How do you think he got the subsidies?...lol
I agree on the government subsidy. Regardless, he has successfully built a viable electric car. I haven't looked at the overall health of the company, but it seems to be viable long term - more than can be said for most other government subsidized ventures.

I agree on the government subsidy. Regardless, he has successfully built a viable electric car. I haven't looked at the overall health of the company, but it seems to be viable long term - more than can be said for most other government subsidized ventures.
My biggest problem with it is he was given a bunch of tax payer money up front to design and build an 'affordable entry level' electric car...ie: leaf, volt' etc...and instead produces a nearly 6 figure luxury vehicle. I don't know what the appeal of the Tesla is other than the status symbol people see it as.

I don't know that I would be friends with Elon Musk but the media seem to hate him. That's all I need to know that I'm probably on the same side. The only person they trash talk more is Trump.

My biggest problem with it is he was given a bunch of tax payer money up front to design and build an 'affordable entry level' electric car...ie: leaf, volt' etc...and instead produces a nearly 6 figure luxury vehicle. I don't know what the appeal of the Tesla is other than the status symbol people see it as.
Yeah his electric car is WAY different than the other more companies models. Remember back aro7nd 94 when Al Gore said he wanted to see a successful prototype electric car from an American company. Later that year GM showed off that all electric Saturn I believe they called the EV1. Gore and GM were bragging about it's abilities and features until we all found out it was just under $80K.
Then came the Chevy Volt. Do they even stil make those? GM lost about $8k on every one they sold. At one point it was so bad of a seller that GM and the Gubment offered a $6K point of sale tax credit for buying one. That meant you didn't even have to wait for tax time to claim your tax credit. But I suppose propping up that particular loser pleased King Obama.
The Tesla MAY be better than all those other glorified golf carts before it but there's no way in hell it's worth the MSRP. It's basically just a big "I care more than you do" status symbol for smug celebutards .

Playing devil's advocate - maybe he made the realistic and smart decision to design a car on the upper end of the price spectrum knowing that it needed to be profitable in order to make a more affordable car possible. As has been true for decades, the cutting edge tech found on the Mercedes S Class filters down to reasonably priced cars within 5 years.

Tesla is already producing 3 models including one in the high $40k range, and cheaper models are sure to follow. The model X is around 80k, what a lot of folks are paying for a loaded full size SUV.

I found this one interesting - Tesla is apparently very militant about maintaining control of the car you thought you owned.

I hear they have built into the software a "trigger" that will enable them to remotely spontaneously combust :flame:the car at their discretion...
Just what I heard...:doh:
Oh wait... that is a different manufacturer... carry on. :pound:
I hope I'm not a celebutard. :)

That’s awesome..... maybe payneed payneed should let him work on his car instead of BMW.

crying celebutard.gif

Back
Top Bottom