• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rolex value destruction

Went grey on the GMT with no rAgrets.
Sometimes you just gotta have what you gotta have and the grey market is all there is. I especially get it on that particular watch.

The Black/blue GMT on the jubilee (refuse to call it Batgirl. Prefer the Bruce Wayne designation) would be at the top of my list if I had to choose only 1 to own. I will eventually get one.

Sometimes you just gotta have what you gotta have and the grey market is all there is. I especially get it on that particular watch.

The Black/blue GMT on the jubilee (refuse to call it Batgirl. Prefer the Bruce Wayne designation) would be at the top of my list if I had to choose only 1 to own. I will eventually get one.
Been eyeing the BLNR since the end of 2018 before it was introduced on Jubilee. I guess you could call it my grail. Finally caved and picked one up to celebrate a promotion, first kid, and a bunch of other things to justify the purchase lol.

Been eyeing the BLNR since the end of 2018 before it was introduced on Jubilee. I guess you could call it my grail. Finally caved and picked one up to celebrate a promotion, first kid, and a bunch of other things to justify the purchase lol.
Hands down my favorite Rolex model. Truly a heirloom watch.

I've got an Omega Seamaster 300M in blue. Absolutely fabulous watch, but it's just not a Rolex. The styling difference requires one to own both brands. :becky: At least that's what I tell my wife about all my watches. :thumb:
That's part of the reason I dig the Seamaster. It's NOT a Rolex. Sure I would LOVE a Sub or Explorer 2 but if I can't afford those then I don't want something that looks like it. That's why I never gave Tudor a second look. I know they make great watches but to me it's like wanting a Lincoln Town Car and settling for a Mercury Marquis.
The Seamaster is it's own thing and look. Kinda like the Oris Aquis . So to ME I'm fine with wearing a watch that doesn't stand out to the general public. It's like you gotta be a watch guy to appreciate it. And given all the videos I see lately about broad daylight strong arm and armed robberies of people just for their Rolex I think I may be able to live without one.

That's part of the reason I dig the Seamaster. It's NOT a Rolex. Sure I would LOVE a Sub or Explorer 2 but if I can't afford those then I don't want something that looks like it. That's why I never gave Tudor a second look. I know they make great watches but to me it's like wanting a Lincoln Town Car and settling for a Mercury Marquis.
The Seamaster is it's own thing and look. Kinda like the Oris Aquis . So to ME I'm fine with wearing a watch that doesn't stand out to the general public. It's like you gotta be a watch guy to appreciate it. And given all the videos I see lately about broad daylight strong arm and armed robberies of people just for their Rolex I think I may be able to live without one.
I would gladly own a Tudor over a Sub. The Pelagos is gorgeous and a little more subtle than a Sub

Back
Top Bottom