• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Roll call 9/15

cool this AM 67F

but not quite this morning
I was hunting a funnel behind the local church (my neighbors property)
only thing I've heard are those damn bicycle riders, that don't live nowhere around here
, they stop in the parking lot and holler at one another instead of talk for 20 minutes
felt like opening up

bunch of idiots, out on the road, they ride in a long line side by side and will not move for you to pass

They’re supposed to ride single
File.
My buddy guns it and drives past them way too fast
When they don’t ride single file even when other cars are coming.
His objective is to teach them a lesson.....one of his biggest
Pet peeves.
Those morons ,
If they want to share the road they should pay insurance, tax,
Title, get licensed and have safety signals just as we do.

In a ground blind with my Son. It’s getting warmer by the minutenout here.
I broke out the Excalibur for him. Nothing moving yet.

View attachment 1785730

You guys sure make some great looking kids.
I’d love to take my grandson along but he can’t sit still
For a second and there’s no way in the world
He could not jabber away the whole time...lol.
Way too hyper.

Memories and skills that will be with him and you also for life....Priceless well done dad enjoy!
Thanks. I was raised in the outdoors-I’m glad to be able to pass it on to my kids as well. Some of my fondest memories were made hunting with my family. Looking forward to the ones yet to come!

You guys sure make some great looking kids.
I’d love to take my grandson along but he can’t sit still
For a second and there’s no way in the world
He could not jabber away the whole time...lol.
Way too hyper.
The looks department is all my Wife’s doing. Mya is my clone, but still much prettier than me.
My kids were restless and impatient starting out. A tent blind or box stand was great for them. I bought a small backpack or other type pack for my kids and put snacks and other items in there to help combat boredom. Sketch pad, crayons, etc. I’ve dug out spots in the soil for my son to play with matchbox cars before-anything to help them be patient. If you want a really clean floor in a tent blind, pack a garden spade! Lol! I try to keep their minds occupied and give them stuff to expend energy. I avoid sweet snacks too. I don’t want them acting like a caffeinated Jack Russell in the woods.
I don’t allow technology when hunting because my whole reason behind taking them is to get them away from that stuff. Now, we can do open ground blind setups and ladderstands with duration on stand being pretty good. My kids get a lot of enjoyment out of having the job of running the calls. A can call is great for them. Avoid any call that requires lung capacity unless you waterfowl Hunt! Been a few spooked deer due to mine using a grunt call I’m sure. A small pair of binoculars are great too. My kids like to compete with me to see who can spot a deer first. Believe me, their young eyes will usually win.

Back
Top Bottom