• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rome area / Floyd County

Speedemon

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
10   0
Reaction score
Looking for rural property to build a house. North Ga, Tenn, or North Ala. I know nothing about Floyd county, Looking for the good, bad and ugly. County goverment ? Sherrif Dept?

Property taxes are high, lots of meth heads that are on the verge of being out of control. Schools are ok for now. Look at Gordon county on the west side. Lots of nice country up there.

6.3 acres just north of Rome. Way lower property taxes than Floyd County. Very desirable area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for rural property to build a house. North Ga, Tenn, or North Ala. I know nothing about Floyd county, Looking for the good, bad and ugly. County goverment ? Sherrif Dept?
I like Rome, I've lived here all my life practically. Not all places are great. I avoid West Rome like the plague, and South Broad. I like it where I am. I can see deer, turkey, and other wildlife from my back porch. I hear people target shooting or hunting on their own land close by. But, I can also be at Home Depot or the grocery store in 10 mins.

Rome/Floyd county has: City police, County police, Sheriff's office, and a state patrol barracks so lots of police around. The city school system is massive since all of the feeder schools pool into the middle and high school. County schools are smaller.

If you like mexican restaurants we have plenty along with churches. Plenty of places to hike and explore just outside the city limits. The jobs in Rome suck. The pay is well behind the average so many people, like myself don't work here. I work in Cartersville and easily make 30,000 more for the same type of job. If you are a teacher or work in the medical field you will have no problem finding work.

Property taxes are high, lots of meth heads that are on the verge of being out of control. Schools are ok for now. Look at Gordon county on the west side. Lots of nice country up there.
Man we all know the methys only hang out in lindale, coosa, kingston, and armuchee.

I like rome, been living in floyd/polk/gordon my entire life. Its really about what you are looking for. Rome has better restaurants than the surrounding counties and cities, school system is as good as the rest, taxes suck but its better than Bartow right now and Gordon is right behind us. West Gordon county is nice but be prepared to drive for 15-20 minuets to actually get to a grocery store. We live in south rome off chulio and its relatively quite. There was a standoff down the road from us last year with a methy but he took himself out so they keep to themselves.

Alabama will be your cheapest option by far, but with cheap property comes the price of being 30-40 minuets away from everything which is both good and bad.

Back
Top Bottom