• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Round Count?

All guns need that round counter, yo'!

pr-gif2.gif

I try to keep an idea of rounds through a certain gun. I only do this as an estimate. I like to change springs. I also detail stip my guns as well. I don't freak if I'm off a few hundred.

I try to limit rounds of certain guns per trip. My air weight 642 and my 43 I know what my hand can tolerate.

Not a question I ask, but they want to know how much life is left in it and what overall condition is. Is the barrel or other parts worn out? I wouldn't ask that if it's an old gun that could have had 5 or 10 owners.

I'd rather buy a well maintained and properly lubricated m1a with a round count of 2000 rounds from an older and wiser gentleman than an "only seen 200 rounds"... "dry as a bone" from a younger fellow who soon realized .308 just wasn't his thing...$$$

Unfortunately, we must use them to prove their reliability. Yet the more we use them the closer they may be to failure....

Two years ago, I purchased a new m11 a1 and on that Saturday I shot nearly 1200 rounds through it..... It has less wear and is less marked up than those I have seen for sale with a supposed lower round count... something fishy is always going on somewhere...

I wouldn't recommend buying this one but it's not for sail any way...

I'mma clean and check the bore tomorrow after today's Full Auto Frenzy but it wouldn't surprise me if there's any rifling left...

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif

Back
Top Bottom