• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger 10mm 1911

You quoted me, not Hayata, which is why I thought you were talking of the Bren Ten.
AH! I have been looking for one of those RIA unltra match 10mm's ever since I saw that pic. Nobody has one anywhere I can see. They are right around 700 and I would buy one like after friday if I could find one. It's always the cool guns you can never find. I guess that's why they are cool, everybody else want's one too. I guess if I put on the Flared Magwell on mine will look the same but won't have the high cap capability. That's a lot of rounds in that gun.

Got the new ruger 10 today 1st mag last shell got caught on ejection port ( me shooting) 2nd mag 3rd shot dad shooting live round stove pipe and then 5th round shell got caught again. I really think dear old dad limp wrist it( he shoots a lot of 454 and 500 and don't try to hold them) he said no but I think so. Any way we lubed the mags went through a box of sig 180s no more issues. Cleaned tonight will shoot reloads tomorrow.

Got the new ruger 10 today 1st mag last shell got caught on ejection port ( me shooting) 2nd mag 3rd shot dad shooting live round stove pipe and then 5th round shell got caught again. I really think dear old dad limp wrist it( he shoots a lot of 454 and 500 and don't try to hold them) he said no but I think so. Any way we lubed the mags went through a box of sig 180s no more issues. Cleaned tonight will shoot reloads tomorrow.
Btw dad is 74 years old. I hope I can still shoot that good of I make 74

I had a few issues with mine as well. I wouldn't chamber the last round of the mag. Every single time. I had to ship to an authorized Remington gunsmith. They altered the mags a bit and it worked fine from there on. It seems that the 10mm guns have issues at first but clear up after a bit. I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

The new Rugers I've gotten recently (9mm and 10mm 1911) really do need a break-in period of 50 rounds or so, and a good cleaning & lube afterwards. Not as bad as a Kimber, but I guess these newer guns are a little tighter than the SR-1911 in 45. That one shot perfectly right out of the box.

The new Rugers I've gotten recently (9mm and 10mm 1911) really do need a break-in period of 50 rounds or so, and a good cleaning & lube afterwards. Not as bad as a Kimber, but I guess these newer guns are a little tighter than the SR-1911 in 45. That one shot perfectly right out of the box.

No issues with any of the reloads I shot today
I am really pleased. I did field strip, clean and lube. Trigger pull is just under 4 lbs and breaks clean with out any creep.

Back
Top Bottom