• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger .45 Blackhawk undersized cylinder throats

I've got the same issue with my 45 Blackhawk convertable. Called Ruger and they advised cylinders plus or minus .007 are within Sami specs. No help from them.
Moss Firearms in Jasper can do it at $100.00 per cylinder.
I'm still trying to contact Hogleg Smith in Gainesville. Best revolver gun smith in Ga. He's done some work for me before and is cheaper than most and knows a wheel gun better than himself. My cylinders are .003 under bore size. That stages bullet before ever hitting the rifling and leads like heck. Not to mention all those gases lock cylinder pretty tight after 10-20 rounds so it makes cocking a chore. Doesn't help ejecting bullets either. Chestatee guns in Dawsonville says they can do it but don't know anything about them.
Use who you want, but there's no one in Georgia at present who would touch my gun for this type of work. It's too bad Jim Stroh of Alpha Precision retired in 2015. He was the best!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I would check bore size in the cylinders before i done anything. With proper pins and a micrometer, you should be able to check size and taper.
Also, you can get sizing dies to .451.....452...453 (or whatever you want) for your cast boolits.

Just my .02

Back
Top Bottom