• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ruger American. Good buy?

13   0
Reaction score
IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG
Over the weekend I got a text from my sister, her roommate was selling a Ruger American in 223. Won it in a raffle and never shot it. I figured why not and bought it from him for the cool price of $300. Came with everything on it. I can't find much for prices on it though So figured I'd ask you guys. Good buy or no? And anything I need to know about this model?

I've got one in .270 with a redfield scope and love it for deer hunting. It's light and accurate enough for hunting in Georgia. Got around $425 in mine with just the gun and scope so I'd say good buy.

I have one in 30-06. I've shot it quite a bit, also took a cow elk with it two years ago. Light, accurate...... bolt on mine is a little sticky....but for the price I think a great deal.

I was curious about the tolerances on these. I only got through half a box of Tula ammo and ended up beating the bolt with a mallet because it got stuck. Only ammo to do that.

I was curious about the tolerances on these. I only got through half a box of Tula ammo and ended up beating the bolt with a mallet because it got stuck. Only ammo to do that.
Not a bad pickup. Did you take everything apart, clean it and oil it before you shot it? Did you inspect any of the spent casings?

Not a bad pickup. Did you take everything apart, clean it and oil it before you shot it? Did you inspect any of the spent casings?

Cleaned it before I shot and clean it after every 20 rounds until I feel it's broke in. Has 114 rounds through it now and every round of Tula locks the bolt. Tried 3 different boxes from 3 different places mainly because it's cheap. My AK loved it but that's an ak.. and spent casings showed no sign of anything

Back
Top Bottom