• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ruger American. Good buy?

I am sure Ruger makes a good gun. I use to be a big fan. I even have a Ruger belt buckle. But I have had enough issues with multiple Ruger guns over the years that I wonder just how good a QC department they have. I know they make guns like tanks, and once you get the bugs worked out they are dependable. I would definitely shoot it some and check for groups, etc.. before I purchased. Ruger does have a great service department. I know. I have dealt with them many times.

I've got a couple of Ruger American Predators that I shoot and really like. $300 is a good price for your setup. If your stock is like mine was, get a piece of 2000 grit sandpaper (WalMart Auto section) and knock off all the stock weld seams and also round up the area where the stock and barrel meet. Makes the stock feel better to your hand for only a couple minutes of work. TulAmmo is not know for being the best and it is the only ammo I have seen an AR lock up on also. Go find some $7-8 PMC brass and try that. Your groups will also tighten up.

I have one in 22LR and love it. Good price. I plan on hand polishing the bolt.

Yes Ruger does not polish the bolt on these so they may be a little bit rough around the edges. They still work fine, though, and are good rifles for the money. After polishing the bolt they are even better.

$300 for a brand new American made Ruger bolt action, plus the scope. It is a good deal.

Back
Top Bottom