• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger American Ranch 450 Bushmaster

JG5

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
118   1
Reaction score
Ruger announced at SHOT show they were adding a 450 Bushmaster bolt gun to their lineup of Ruger American Ranch rifles. I'm wondering if anyone has seen or heard of a time table for when they will be releasing them to the public and LGS.

Awesome,458 would have been better choice in cal.Alot more ammo choices and loads for the 458 vs 450.But still be a badass suppressed bolt hog gun.

Awesome,458 would have been better choice in cal.Alot more ammo choices and loads for the 458 vs 450.But still be a badass suppressed bolt hog gun.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that .458 SOCOM hasn't been accepted as a SAAMI standard cartridge yet, and .450 Bushmaster has.

This new rifle package reminds me of the .458 × 1.5" Barnes (a short belted cartridge) that had been adopted for use in suppressed bolt-action rifles during the Vietnam War.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that .458 SOCOM hasn't been accepted as a SAAMI standard cartridge yet, and .450 Bushmaster has.

This new rifle package reminds me of the .458 × 1.5" Barnes (a short belted cartridge) that had been adopted for use in suppressed bolt-action rifles during the Vietnam War.
Yea didnt think about ole SAAMI.:doh:

Back
Top Bottom