• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger American Ranch Rifle-7.62x39

The Ruger American ranch rifle is the subject of a big article in this month’s Guns & Ammo magazine. The write up is entirely favorable, praising the rifle’s compact length , excellent accuracy, and good handling characteristics.
This gun shoots 1 inch with quality brass cased ammo and 2 inches with imported Wolf steel cased ammo.

However, the author of that article went on to say that the 7.62 x 39 mm round,
fired from this rifle’s 16” barrel, is capable of reliably taking any big game animal in the lower 48 states. I think that somewhat of an exaggeration.

The Ruger American ranch rifle is the subject of a big article in this month’s Guns & Ammo magazine. The write up is entirely favorable, praising the rifle’s compact length , excellent accuracy, and good handling characteristics.
This gun shoots 1 inch with quality brass cased ammo and 2 inches with imported Wolf steel cased ammo.

However, the author of that article went on to say that the 7.62 x 39 mm round,
fired from this rifle’s 16” barrel, is capable of reliably taking any big game animal in the lower 48 states. I think that somewhat of an exaggeration.
Yeah, that may be pushing it. MAYBE at 50yards or less.

As if my decision was hard enough, now Ruger has released the American Predator with AICS style mags in short action cartridges. Now I have to consider 6.5CM and 308!

7.62x39 sounds pretty great suppressed, just gets a bad rap bc AK's in general do NOT sound great suppressed lol.

Here is mine in 'fun gun' configuration. (really, I just didn't feel like leveling the scope and wanted to go play NOW :D ) Very impressed with this rifle, especially for the cost. Now Magpul just needs to offer some stocks for them and I'll be happy.

IMG-2274.JPG

Back
Top Bottom