• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger buys Marlin

dgmj

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
Thoughts.
It would have to be better than the remlin fiasco.
Will this end the model 60(it has out sold the 1022)?
Buy new production's or what and see ?
Ruglin or Sturmlin?

I wonder why all those companies are going under. I don't know if you have heard but PSA is trying to buy remington's ammo department.

I guess I have been lucky with my Ruger purchases over the years. All have ran fine. Particularly specific models or across the board? I hope they dont mess up the lever guns.

So a company that has gone out of business because of poor quality control has been bought out by another company which also has poor quality control.

It was in the other thread, but the problem they had was moving Marlin to Kentucky and the fallout from losing the existing assembly people. Totally within the realm of possibility given I worked for AAC and they tried to do the same thing . . . specifically get the welders/EDM people to write down exactly every step in a manual. I couldn't imagine the little amount of IQ needed to see you were gonna get fired and they wanted a manual to give to temp agency guy somewhere else to do what you did but cheaper (which was Remington's MO).

Only one welder at AAC took the move to Alabama and he didn't tell them anything as far as I know.

Remington did spend the effort to do new engineering drawings for the Marlin product line and the tail end there they did produce good working firearms.

Why would they end Marlin's best selling gun? If they bought the company they aren't competing. Hint: Ruger's shareholders want it to make money, not nuke Marlin's best selling rifle. :wacko:

“Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announced today that its offer to purchase substantially all of the Marlin Firearms assets was accepted by Remington Outdoor Company, Inc. and approved by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama. The Company will pay the $30 million purchase price from cash on hand at the time of closing, which is expected to occur in October.

“The value of Marlin and its 150-year legacy was too great of an opportunity for us to pass up,” said Ruger President and CEO Chris Killoy. “The brand aligns perfectly with ours and the Marlin product portfolio will help us widen our already diverse product offerings.”

The transaction is exclusively for the Marlin Firearms assets. Remington firearms, ammunition, other Remington Outdoor brands, and all facilities and real estate are excluded from the Ruger purchase. Once the purchase is completed, the Company will begin the process of relocating the Marlin Firearms assets to existing Ruger manufacturing facilities.

“The important thing for consumers, retailers and distributors to know at this point in time,” continued Killoy, “is that the Marlin brand and its great products will live on. Long Live the Lever Gun.”

The press release further went on to detail that the transaction between Remington and Ruger was exclusively for the Marlin Firearms assets and not any of the buildings or real estate that the company-owned. This might mean that things like machinery, blueprints, designs, stock materials, and possibly personnel will be relocated to already existing Ruger facilities – perhaps Ruger might need to plan an expansion for these new assets.

The assets were acquired for a price of $30 million USD for a cash-in-hand purchase price that is set to take place sometime in October. We can probably expect that there will be further announcements about this as Ruger begins to shift assets from the Marlin Firearms facilities.

Back
Top Bottom