• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger LC9S (Pro model too) $300

Go for the LC9s Pro. Trigger is much better than Glock's (compared to G26 side by side), but the same trigger principle. I used all kinds of ammo with it, and it worked every time.

PS. I pulled magazine disconnect out of my old LC9 (hammer) and trigger feel improved immensely.
Laser module and holster from LC9 fit LC9s Pro.

^ This. The LC9s Pro is the nicest carry piece I've used.

IMG_0145.PNG

GA Gun Store is selling the LC9S for $289

I halfway wonder if Ruger is about to blow these out over the holidays, then do a cosmetic upgrade to them like they just did to the LCP. Ruger seems to be going in the styling of the American series.

If I may ask, what is a magazine disconnect?

It's a "safety feature" that will not allow the gun to fire unless there is a magazine in the gun.

Most people despise them because, if you were in a self defense situation and the mag dropped from the gun for whatever reason (a struggle with a perp, nerves, etc.), that feature renders the round in the chamber useless.

It is a device that prevents gun from firing if magazine is removed. Thought of as a safety feature. In practice it means you pull mag out, rack the slide to eject the round in the chamber, put LOADED mag back in, so you can release the striker/hammer, pull mag out again and then take the gun apart for cleaning. Too many steps for a mishap to occur, IMHO.
IIRC, Browning HiPower pioneered the mag disconnect concept.

In LC9 and regular LC9s it is a spring loaded plate that rubs on on the trigger, when mag is in the gun, but allowes trigger to be pulled. When mag is out, a spring pulls the disconnect into the detent on the trigger, preventing trigger from being pulled.

Trigger pull improves greatly when you remove it.

LC9S Pro. I do not like external safeties on the EDC guns. I carry Glock or LC9s Pro. Same trigger function for both. I do not want to forget to flip the safety down, if I am under stress.

Back
Top Bottom