• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger LCR Cylinder Wobble

ram 50 v8

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
29   0
Reaction score
Hello, I am at a bit lost here. I got Ruger LCR 9mm, and this is my pocket carry. It shoots fine, but when cylinder is locked --- with just light force the cylinder wobbles and pops off from the locked position when force is applied clockwise. I tried this with a new LCR (and it does not pop out). I sent the gun to Ruger twice, and both time they cleaned it, test fired, and said its fine. (even though I gave detailed description of the problem. Is this normal? I am not sure what to do? Last thing I want is out of timing revolver blowing up on me

Thanks for advice.

Sounds like a couple of tolerances stacked up....

If you can push it out-of-alignment AGAINST its normal rotation, that's not a big problem, safety-wise. The cylinder rotates and the Cylinder Stop STOPS that rotation at a predictable point. In use, it'd likely never rotate backwards and bear against the surface that would prevent such movement.

In reality though, since you perceive it to be a problem, it IS a problem. If Ruger can't/won't fix it, I'd trade it in on a Glock at the next gun show.

Sounds like a couple of tolerances stacked up....

If you can push it out-of-alignment AGAINST its normal rotation, that's not a big problem, safety-wise. The cylinder rotates and the Cylinder Stop STOPS that rotation at a predictable point. In use, it'd likely never rotate backwards and bear against the surface that would prevent such movement.

In reality though, since you perceive it to be a problem, it IS a problem. If Ruger can't/won't fix it, I'd trade it in on a Glock at the next gun show.

During firing, the cylinder twist counterclockwise. When applying pressure it pops lightly into clockwise direction. Actually at almost fired position, the cylinder seems to be very tight. Problem is I was not able to recreate this problem in a few LCR.

As far as glocks go, I am HK snob, 2 VP Matches, and P30L. Also, for pocket carry, cant imagine anything other than snub, due to long, heavy trigger pull--- dont feel comfortable with chambered round in light trigger striker fired guns (I know, I know....)

Back
Top Bottom