• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Mark II price check

MAK

Hen of Fame Supporter
GGT Founder
58   0
Reaction score
I have a Ruger Mark II Stainless 6-7/8" slabside barrel that I purchased many years ago. I thought I would swap it back and forth on my Ruger MKII 10" gun but that never happens much. It tends to stay laying on the shelf.
I'm trying to decide if I want to sell it and maybe later buy a complete gun with the slabside or full 6-7/8" govt bull barrel, or if I should keep and hunt for another cheap frame and bolt assembly to mount it on permanently. Not sure if I would come out cheaper buying an old standard tapered barrel to throw it on, or if it would cost less to sell this one and buy a complete gun... I would prefer one of the Govt non-slabside 6-7/8" barrels but they seem pretty rare.
Problem is I haven't seen any barrels or frames for sale to gauge pricing.
What's the value of a stainless 6-7/8" barrel in excellent condition? I can't even remember what I originally paid all those years ago.

:noidea:
Prices seem to be all over the place on GB for just barrels. Def comes down to if bolt assy and/or take down pin assy is also included. Selling the serialized barrel/receiver is more PIA too imo (except on here but also to a much smaller target audience).
I've been searching for a grip frame myself and they are few and far between these days and for what they are bringing (esp SS ones) one could just buy a new and complete pistol!
Good luck.

Barrel alone does not bring much. With bolt would bring more. Barrel only probably no more than $150. But you may find someone really wanting one and could get more.

Back
Top Bottom