• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Mark III LITE HELP!

That's not dumb. I've tried that. I really think it's a hammer issue and it's jammed in there. This things a pain in the ass!!

If you really think it's the hammer bound, you could remove the grips and then the pins. I suggest watching a hammer and sear replacement a couple times before you do though. I replaced mine a while back, and that should loosen up all the guts inside.

Full disclosure: I am not a certified gunsmith, but I will probably stay at a Holiday Inn Express tonight......

If you really think it's the hammer bound, you could remove the grips and then the pins. I suggest watching a hammer and sear replacement a couple times before you do though. I replaced mine a while back, and that should loosen up all the guts inside.

Full disclosure: I am not a certified gunsmith, but I will probably stay at a Holiday Inn Express tonight......

Haha, thanks brother. I'll give that a shot. I've beaten the damn thing enough. If it doesn't work I'm taking it to a gunsmith or tossing it in the lake; depending on my mood.

I have had this happen with my Mark III, but I honestly don't remember what I did to resolve the issue LOL. There are so many little things and ways to hold it and wiggle it to get it apart. I do it so rarely I have to YouTube it every time! A dream to shoot, a nightmare to clean.

That is a new one OP. Taking mine down is always a fun time. Usually simple and smooth, but without fail I end up just walking a way for a bit everyonce in awhile. Keep us posted could happen to anyone with one of these.

Try bumping the muzzle straight down on a firm surface such as a board covered with a towel while having the trigger pulled. Should jar the hammer back fwd.

Back
Top Bottom