• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Mark IV recall

I checked all 36 of my Mark II's and none of them apply...

Oh wait, this is just for Mark IV's! Never mind!

Who the heck ever turns on the safety on a target .22 anyways? Not me. It's either loaded and ready to rock, or it's unloaded with a chamber flag inserted.

Thanks for the heads up!! I requested a repair to my Hunter. The safety does feel kind of loose and doesn't snap in as tightly as you would expect. They say they are going to be about a week to get back and I get a free magazine; not a bad deal.

I posted a link to the recall in an add for one here and my comment was deleted. What a damn joke. The guns are dangerous and can be fixed by Ruger for free. I wonder if mods could be civilly liable for an accident involving a gun sold here when a comment about a recall is deleted.
I was not trying to step on any ones add but it needs to be known that the gun may be involved in a recall.

I got a confirmation email from Ruger today. Basically states the same the stuff as in the press release. it's the first thing I've heard from them since filling out the form on June 8.

I got a confirmation email from Ruger today. Basically states the same the stuff as in the press release. it's the first thing I've heard from them since filling out the form on June 8.
I got a confirmation email yesterday. Same thing. It took a few days to get the email.

i received a new email from ruger today.

You signed up for the Mark IV™ recall several weeks ago, and we wanted to update you on the status. We now have parts in stock and have started shipping boxes to customers like you. You were among the first Mark IV™ owners to sign up for the recall, so you will be among the first to receive your box and shipping instructions. If you have not already received a package from Ruger containing your box and shipping instructions, you can expect to receive one soon. When you do, simply follow the shipping instructions and send us your grip frame assembly. We will make every effort to return your grip frame assembly within one week of receiving it from you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this process.

Very Truly Yours,
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Hopefully that "box" gets here soon, i'm itchin to shoot this gun!

i received a new email from ruger today.

You signed up for the Mark IV™ recall several weeks ago, and we wanted to update you on the status. We now have parts in stock and have started shipping boxes to customers like you. You were among the first Mark IV™ owners to sign up for the recall, so you will be among the first to receive your box and shipping instructions. If you have not already received a package from Ruger containing your box and shipping instructions, you can expect to receive one soon. When you do, simply follow the shipping instructions and send us your grip frame assembly. We will make every effort to return your grip frame assembly within one week of receiving it from you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this process.

Very Truly Yours,
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Hopefully that "box" gets here soon, i'm itchin to shoot this gun!

I got the same message yesterday (July 5)

When did you guys fill out the web form?

Just did mine 2-3 days ago and was wondering how long the backlog is...

BTW, this recall isn't really that 'dangerous'. You have to place the safety halfway between S and F and press the trigger, then move the safety to F and it *might* go off. Not a great scenario but not like a Remington 'close the bolt and it goes off' type problem.

Might have happened but I do not remember any recalls when Bill was alive.

That's because they only made single-shots and single action 'cowboy guns' in Bill's day...(LOL)

Actually, there's a recall on one of the SA revolvers that you still get a notice in all new boxes, even though it started in the 80s if I remember right. Has to be one of the longest recalls in history!

Back
Top Bottom