• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Mark IV recall

When did you guys fill out the web form?

Just did mine 2-3 days ago and was wondering how long the backlog is...

BTW, this recall isn't really that 'dangerous'. You have to place the safety halfway between S and F and press the trigger, then move the safety to F and it *might* go off. Not a great scenario but not like a Remington 'close the bolt and it goes off' type problem.
filled mine out on June 8th.

Just received this in my email bucket. Hopefully that dam box will be at the house when i get there.

Dear Ruger Customer:
You will soon receive a prepaid package with label. Please fill out the form below and return it with your package.

If you have any questions, please contact our service department directly at:

Prescott, AZ – 928-541-8892 option 5 then option 3

Thank you,
Customer Service Team

Serial number: ________________________ RMA/Reference#_______________________ Phone Number:___________________
Name: _________________________________ Email Address:________________________
Address: ____________________________________________________________________
City: ___________________________ State: ___________ Zip: _______________________
Description of Problem: ________________________________________________________

What sucks is i'm seeing them at gun stores with repairs done. I saw 2 of them at the Governors Gun club in Hiram Saturday, and the Georgia Gun store in Gainesville advertised one a week or so ago and said it was recall repaired.

They are taking their time... When my XDs was recalled it actually happened faster than I thought it would.

Then again, they had it the whole time. It sounds like Ruger is only getting the amount of guns they can do in a week sent in at any one time...

Just got my return box today. Looks like about a month and a few days backlog from entering your info until they send the box.

I will give them an A+ for professionalism though. Nice 3-color brochure with everything you need to know on assembling the box, breaking down and packing the gun, etc.

I was a little surprised that it was a USPS box, since I didn't think they would take handguns unless there was an FFL on both sides of the shipment.

However the brochure even explained that!

I didn't realize that the grip isn't the serialized part on a Mark-4 pistol (may be true for all of them). Seems odd to me but I've never swapped out a barrel on one of these Rugers, so I have no idea. Anyway, they specifically warn you not to send the barrel or the USPS will impound the gun.

Supposedly I'll get it back a week after they receive it. We'll see but now I'm in the queue it should go pretty fast from what I'm hearing.

Back
Top Bottom