• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger MK III 45/22 lite

hud2112

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
17   0
Reaction score
Having a problem with my Ruger MarkIII 45/22, every other round gun won't fire, the gun does eject and load the next round but seems to not cock. Any ideas?

1). When did it start doing this: a). after cleaning it b). after-3 bulk 550 round packs-not cleaned c). from the get go new.

So why won't it fire?

Does it have a firm indentation on the rim from the firing pin?

If not

Is the bolt fully forward or hanging up?

Is the firing pin hanging up?

If so, bad ammo.

I bought it used so not sure what was done before I got it but I've had no trigger work done. I've tried several types of ammo with the same problem. I've cleaned it so much it looks new.
The bolt does go all the way forward but it will click but not fire (no mark on the cartridge). If I cycle the round manually the next round fires but then same thing.

Well with that information Biker13 is likely right but try some maintenance first.

.22 LR is a dirty little round, that's what I like...

So look up some YouTube videos on break down and cleaning. if you don't see anything amiss on breakdown then reassemble and lube it.

If you have only one magazine, try a few others as magazines are a common culprit to fail to fire.

If that fails, then Ruger will typically make it right. Call them, explain the issue and follow their recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom