• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Mk IV Volquartsen Trigger Kit Installation

benniesdad

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Hunter
16   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a gunsmith in Metro ATL / Central GA areas that has experience installing trigger kits in Ruger Mk pistols. I have two Mk IV pistols that I want to have Volquartsen Accurizing Kit installed on. I'm considering doing it myself since I have two of them so I can look from one to the other if I run into problems but would actually prefer having a gunsmith do it if cost is reasonable.

You can probably do it yourself. Just work over a cookie sheet with a towel over it to catch small parts as they fall.

The Mark II had a small ball bearing included in the safety that is easy to loose. Your gun may have it as well. I lost it when I installed my kit, the Ruger rep laughed when I asked for a replacement, but he sent one for free.

Just read the directions first, it should go well.

You should do it yourself. I just did it for two with the tandemcross trigger replacement Get the magazine safety disconnect if it does not come with the volquartsen kit. It makes it easier to reassemble. I also stoned the hammer and took a lot of creep out of the trigger. Just be sure to use loc-tite on the trigger overtravel and reset set screws.

I did end up doing it myself. YouTube has several good videos that walked me through it. I took them to the range on Tuesday and they worked great but I do need to go back and loc-tite the trigger adjustment screws as they definitely do work loose. Both pistols had issues with not wanting to reset after firing several magazines through each of them. Ruger hit a home run with the Mk IV except for the OEM triggers.

Back
Top Bottom