• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger PC Carbine and 9MM Suppressor Issues

What would happen if I shot it without the front cap on? Would it just blow all the baffles inside out the front of the Suppressor?

I'm thinking it might just be the front cap.

Jerry

Could be but unlikely. Screw the can on then look at the side of the barrel where the can and shoulder come together. If you can see any light between them the shoulder is bad. No thread relief will make it where some cans won’t screw to shoulder. At the back of the threads there is an unthreaded part. If it is the same size as the major diameter of the threads, there is no thread relief.

I know this is an old thread but I have a new Ruger PC Carbine that shoots under 3 inch groups at 100 yd. However I finally got my suppressor today and checked with alignment rods on my pistols and other PCCs. The Ruger was the only one that was off. It's a 9mm rod but is almost touching the end cap of the 45 cal suppressor. I am using a facemount device that indexes off the crown, so I think it may be that but as I am threading the can on and off it is pretty clear that it isn't concentric. I'm going to try a muzzle device that indexes off the shoulder to check alignment again, and before I contact Ruger and go down the rabbit hole of their customer service (I haven't been impressed by them recently).

If the threading is off call Ruger. I just had an issue with my brand new SFAR where any scope I mounted was way off to the left of the muzzle. They sent the FedEx label, replaced the whole upper (UR and barrel) and got it back to me in less than a week.

These are mass market guns and you can't expect 'perfection' on every one. It's annoying, but it's also something that happens.

I've always found their customer service to be friendly and very helpful. Just explain what trouble-shooting you have done already (the above posts) and I'm sure they will RMA it.

An update on my PC Carbine:
Ruger wasn't lying when they said to tighten the muzzle device against the shoulder of the barrel. The problem is they do not cut the crown concentric with the bore. They kind of just thread the barrel and then machine the thick barrel shoulder to be concentric with the bore. I could see the threads at the crown kind of come to a taper of sorts so it's not machined flat.
I forgot I had purchased a SilencerCo AC25 which is a normal 1/2-28 piston (not one that indexes off the crown) and sure enough the alignment rod looked good.
I had contacted Ruger a few times and they have taken a long time to respond, and more recently wasn't helpful. I had asked for a torque value and it took them like a full week to tell me it was proprietary info.

Back
Top Bottom