• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger precision rifle - Do I really want one?

Even though I had to cut grass today I was able to finally setup a 230 yard target today and finish clearing access to it. I also finally leveled my bench and used concrete to help plant it permanently. I only had a short time and I was exhausted but after a sight in/fouling shot this group measured 1.84 minus bullet diameter .256 equals a group of 1.58 or approx .69 moa. I am NOT a long range shooter by any means and I could tell my breathing technique sucks, but I am still jacked about this rifle. The rounds I am shooting are handloads loaded on a Dillon progressive press without measuring individual powder charges.
rpr group.jpg

Went back in the afternoon. Dead cold cleaned barrel dropped .3 from the group size. .56 moa. My 308 Remmy however went a little haywire, should be on par with the RPR or close but she wasn't. I'm going to clean and double check all the scope mounts and shoot her again this afternoon.

Unless you like lugging heavy **** threw the woods there a ****ty hunting rifle,sure there acurrate as hell.Its a bench gun and a decent one.I would buy new tho,that way you know you broke it in properly.Also if your shooting 240yds not that hard to get to 1k,just know your dope on scope and run that puppy up 28 to 32 turns

Back
Top Bottom