• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger precision rifle - Do I really want one?

SO I poured through a bunch of pics but only saw where MOA was listed on the 100 yd targets.

Didn't see that on the long range targets.

image (36).jpeg
image (34).jpeg
image (35).jpeg

The MOA is at the bottom of the screen. Listed as "MoaX" and "MoaY".

Couldn't find anything like that on the 600yd targets so I don't know if that's an option or not. I'm thinking not and only available on the 100 yd range where these pics were taken.

Appears to only be shown on the 100 yard range. The 600 yard range doesn't display MOA AFAIK and doesn't seem to be an option.
20170310_155435.jpg

I have the scope and the rifle on the way. Went with the 6.5 which means I'll be researching load data and ordering supplies. Suggestions are welcome. Also ordered the Vortex Viper 6.5-24 x 50. Could use suggestions for rings also. Hopefully I'll be ready for the next long range class. I plan to do a lot of rifle shooting in the meantime

I have the scope and the rifle on the way. Went with the 6.5 which means I'll be researching load data and ordering supplies. Suggestions are welcome. Also ordered the Vortex Viper 6.5-24 x 50. Could use suggestions for rings also. Hopefully I'll be ready for the next long range class. I plan to do a lot of rifle shooting in the meantime
Team Warne makes a descent set of rings for not too crazy. Vortex sells their own, but I am not a huge fan of side clamp ones. Not as easy to level the reticle with them for me.

Nightforce probably has the better values. A little expensive, but seem to be pretty solid. I am sure cmshoot cmshoot has a great recommendation.

Team Warne makes a descent set of rings for not too crazy. Vortex sells their own, but I am not a huge fan of side clamp ones. Not as easy to level the reticle with them for me.

Nightforce probably has the better values. A little expensive, but seem to be pretty solid. I am sure cmshoot cmshoot has a great recommendation.

Mounting a scope on a Ruger PR is like mounting one on a flattop AR. You're gonna need something. Nightforce High or X-High rings would work, but I'd go with a one-piece mounting system. The Nightforce Unimount is a great one.

Back
Top Bottom