• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
A thread in progress.

Just returned from the range with a Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle.

I had a given set of rings (crap) and did some bench shooting at 56 yards. I ran a wet patch (see image) and a couple of dry patches through the bore prior to departing.

DSC_0004.JPG

Icky don't not clean a barrel before shooting a new gun.

DSC_0003.JPG

The scope is a 3x9 Leupold that is really lacking in magnification IMO. I'm considering a 14x or greater scope for this platform. The trigger is not adjusted and it did have a tic of creep but not too bad and has adjustment that I will work on.

DSC_0005.JPG

The lead sled has no weight and the base needed tightening it wobbled left to right slightly. A mild occasional breeze but otherwise a great day to shoot.

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

So I had no match ammo but CCI shoots pretty darn good. Still I was not impressed by the results. Probably my old eyes and slight astigmatism, a bit of wind and relative low power scope with no trigger adjustments made.

To note I used the 15 round magazine without an issue.

The standard 10 round, I had 2. One I had to push down through an open chamber while pushing on the mag release and one I had to use an aluminum rod and a BFR to dislodge it from the receiver. That magazine was set to the side.

All shots 5 each-perhaps one extra were at 56 yards.

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

Here is the best group of the day with a quarter for reference.

DSC_0013.JPG

Great range report! Although is it me, but did you expect better results all things considered? I know .22's are very ammo picky.

Did you shoot un-suppressed?

Great range report. It seems to like that CCI standard velocity.

I'm surprised you had a problem with the factory 10 round mag though. I've been shooting 10/22s for almost 40 years now and never had one hang up on me.

Pull the trigger return spring and cut 2 coils off or just do not put it back in the rifle. I have done this to both of my RARs. It helps with the creep and makes the trigger very crisp. As far as my bolts they really slicked up after about 500 rounds each. The RAR is the best bang for your buck in rimfire rifles.

Back
Top Bottom